Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, March 21, 2008

Double nickels...

Serious as a heart attack. Makes me feel this way. ~ The Minutemen (D. Boon)

Must. Write. Update.

This past week is a bit of a blur. I actually can't believe it is March 21st. Holy crap it was just June, wasn't it?

Work has been keeping me relatively busy and I have been filling the free time with skiing, helping out with bunnies and whatnot. I was pretty whupped after last Friday's A-Basin adventure but skied at the Rock on Sunday and Monday then went back to the Basin with Luke on Wednesday for day 55 for the season. Fatigue had set in like a mo-fo and I didn't ski well. We were doing some Enduro training and I was having a really tough time with things. We did manage to log 21 or 22 laps in about 4 hours so that wasn't too bad but I now know that I need to go into the thing rested else the day will be even more horrible than it already will be. Was that English? Um... who cares. I am sure you get my drift. I took a torture bath when I got home (one would be surprised how amazingly cold the well water is at 9000 feet in the winter) and that actually made things a LOT better.


Luke shows us how it's done on Corona.

Thursday was spent learning Quickbooks. If I ever get hit on the head and start talking dump about how awesome it would be to become a CPA, pound me again with a shovel to knock me back to normal. Seriously.

I felt great today at the Rock and was skiing better, for the most part as well. Pete, Luke and I did a little ski test with 3 pair of Hippy Stinx-style skis to see which was preferred. Luke is headed to Crested Butte on Sunday for a K2 test session and wanted to be able to provide some opinions regarding the last 3 versions of their "big" skis. Good times.

Rach and I are heading to Gunnison on Sunday to visit the parental units so I am not sure whether I will ski tomorrow or not. I am leaning toward "not" since it is spring break and I could really use a little time off to recover. Maybe a light day would work but we'll see.

I watched a couple of movies lately that mostly don't merit mention but I'm going to mention them anyway, just for shits and grins:
  • Bad Boy Bubby: I thought I had seen this before and was correct. At least I had seen some of it. The film starts out with a scene where the main character is poking a cat in a cage with a stick so I turned it off. My recollection is that it doesn't really get better but I didn't watch it so can't really say any more.
  • The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford: This is mostly worth watching for the acting. Casey Affleck did a good job as Robert Ford. Other than that, it was a bit slow and never really captured me. I am not a huge western fan, however so again, don't necessarily take my word for it.
  • The 40-Year-Old Virgin: Really funny. I have seen this one before and it was still quite amusing. A couple of scenes are laugh-til-you-cry funny.
Hmmm. I thought there were more than that. Shows you how much I know. Nichole told me about a kickass 70s trainwreck of a movie that I'll let you know about soon called Night of the Lepus. Giant killer bunnies, DeForest Kelly ("Bones" from Trek), Janet Leigh and Rory Calhoun star. It's going to be terrible. I can't wait.

Leap before you look.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails