Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Slog...

When in kitty country, you don't have to be the fastest, just not the slowest. ~ stubert.

Sometimes one has to just get out there and churn. That is pretty much what I did yesterday with a VERY slow run from my house, up through GGCSP and back. Ended up being just over 9 miles in a couple of hours. Lots of stops to readjust, take in the scenery and enjoy the run.

I kept a fairly steady pace and was definitely slowed by snowpacked and icy trails. Lots of slick mud in spots too but all in all, it was a blast. I kept the heartrate down WAY low and just tried to implement all the goodies that I picked up during Tuesday's session. The abs still hurt but there were periods where I was able to run absolutely pain-free, so that is encouraging. A lot to think about and adjust... reminds me of when I was first starting to tele ski and every time I play golf. I think I will need to pick one item on which to focus at a time then add as I get individual things dialed in. We'll see how that goes. Right now I am thinking of: hips forward, loose lower legs, roll off the feet, flat back, lean forward, everything behind the vertical line, and long through the core. Yeah. And I thought chewing gum was tough.

I'll leave you with an amusing clip:



~stubert.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hmmmmm, this video reminds of someone after leaving Treeline and heading for Fish Hatchery during the Leadville 100 a couple years ago. I wonder who it was??!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails