Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Now I've done it...

Gentlemen, start your engines. ~ That guy who starts car races

Just signed up for two races: The Sage Burner in Gunnison on May 23rd and the Dirty Thirty in Golden Gate Canyon State Park on June 6th. Both are 50K events that I'll be treating as training races for the potential big event, Leadville. Still haven't pulled the trigger on that but am feeling more and more confident that I'll be able to commit to it soon.

This past week saw several more ski days (up to day 52 now) and some great runs. Still haven't eclipsed the 2 hour mark but am guessing that will come very soon. I did three runs this week: Sanitas on Tuesday, Crazy Snow Woods Run on Thursday and Green Mountain on Friday. I am not feeling super strong but my knee isn't bugging me at all, which is a plus. Now I can just focus on resolving the psoas thing and be back on track.

I bailed on skiing today, just wasn't in the mood, really and stayed home with Rach to hang out and watch movies. Just what the doctor ordered. I may head up tomorrow to either catch Eldora's final hoorah for the year or see what other plans can be hashed out for Sunday shenanigans.

As always, I'll keep you posted.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails