Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, March 15, 2009

More of the same...

Another week on the recovery train. Not too much exciting to talk about. I have been spinning and swimming and lifting and not much else. I did try to ski on Wednesday with poor results. The knee is just not really ready for that kind of abuse. After 3 weeks, I am getting pretty sick of it. At least the conditions have been terrible with very warm days in the high-country so I am not really missing much. It is about 45° up here today. Just wrong.

Unfortunately, all this warm weather and lack of snow means that the trails are probably pretty open which is just stoking my running Jones. I have been able to trot around a little bit but not much more. I guess I will keep up the rest and spinning until my head explodes from boredom.

I did get out with Pete yesterday to see Watchmen. Decent movie. Pretty true to the book, which was cool. I wasn't thoroughly impressed but thought it was entertaining. It was good to see Pete again too as he has been working too much.

Other than that, I have just been working, getting organized, doing taxes for the biz, reading a lot, and enjoying my new office set up. The new MacBook Pro is awesome as is the Apple 24" Cinema Display. Good stuff.

I read a couple of good books recently: Devil in the White City and Never Let Me Go. I would recommend both.

Now I guess I'll head to the gym again to get my spin on. Hopefully more interesting stuff soon.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails