Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sore and more sore...

Uh oh. Mom's mad. Bench presses. I'm going to wail on my pecs and then do my back. ~ Lester Burnham

So as predicted, I am a bit sore from my visit to the gym yesterday. So instead of whacking down handfuls of Vitamin I and crawling back into bed, I went to the dentist, ran 10 miles, then went to see Shirley at In Motion Rehabilitation for much needed physical abuse massage. Man, she does not pull any punches. At one point, she was doing something to my left hamstring that felt like she was trying to drive her elbow through my leg to China. I can't confirm this, however because I was too busy burying my head into the table and seeing if I could keep her from noticing my sobs. Then she went to work on my back. I think I may have bitten through my lower lip.

Actually, it wasn't all that bad. [Factually inaccurate - ed] It only hurt a little. [Understatement - ed] And I left the experience relaxed and calm. [Half truth - ed] I scheduled another appointment for next month. [Actually, this is true - ed]

So that was my day. Tomorrow, I am hoping to hook up with Pete for a recovery run and then watch some adventure film in preparation for this year's Boulder Adventure Film Festival.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails