Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gunny recap...

Obviously you're not a golfer. ~ Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski

Jammed over to Gunnison yesterday to hang out with my pops. I rolled into town around noon, grabbed some grub then Dad got us a tee time at the local links. it is amazing how well one can score when Dad gives them Mulligans every third shot. Yeah. In case you were wondering, I still suck at golf.

Afterwards, we headed up to Crested Butte to dine at one of my favorite restaurants, Donita's Cantina. Awesome Mexican food. Go there immediately if you can. We then listened to/watched the debate. I'll reserve my comments for another time.

By the way, the trees are just AMAZING right now so if you are wanting to get out and annoy some people who are actually trying to get somewhere, tomorrow may be your day. Seriously, the aspen are just going off right now. It won't last long, kids so hit the high country ASAP.

Today, I went for a run then Dad and I made like rednecks and mended the fence in front of his place. It went really well once we pulled out the big guns and got the chainsaw out after the friggin' thing. Sometimes, you just have to use the right tool to get the job done right.

So I am supposed to do a week recap today but will have to catch you guys up tomorrow on this week's running activities. I have a long run planned but ran pretty hard today so we'll see what happens.

Ok. That's it for now.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails