Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Friday, October 23, 2009

Ten ways to solve that problem...

Not mine, I assure you. © The New York Times

That was my favorite arm.
~ Douglas

Toenails, or lack thereof, are a fairly common thorn in the side of distance runners. I think I eventually lost 3 during my first attempt at the Leadville 100 and another has finally grown back after last year's Denver Marathon. Some runners lose toenails mid-event - dumping nails out of their socks and continuing on their journey. Losing toenails just seems to be part of the wackiness those of us who enjoy running for hours on end have to endure.

Apparently, there is a small group of endurance athletes who have taken drastic measures to ensure that they no longer have to endure the pain and hassles of toenail loss - permanent removal.

Though this is not a route I believe I would take, it is an interesting, albeit drastic, solution to a common problem. Thoughts?

~stubert.

2 comments:

Chase Squires said...

I've actually considered it, at least for the pesky big toenail on my left foot ... it's black again, slowly coming off, more trouble than it's worth .. I just worry about how much it'll hurt to have it yanked and burned.

Chase Squires said...

My feets are better, I've been running three times since, 3 miles on Weds/Thurs and 5 tonight, I'll put down another 5 tmrw, maybe a 10 mile mountain run on Sunday (mt. falcon) ... getting back in the swing ... I'm going to Centennial Cone with a Fla. friend on Sun., Nov. 1, it's up by you, come down from Blackhawk and take a left up the hill right before you get to the 119/US 6 split at the light ... feel like meeting us there? I'm showing her how great Colo is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails