Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fall is ariving with a vengeance...

Play Dream Police, god dammit! ~ Some guy

Rach and I went to a fun party at Cort and Dickie's place last night. Good times. One over-zealous Cheap Trick fan made our night by shouting requests at Cort's band. We had to jet before hearing their rendition, however.

Running went really well this past week. Just stuck with the program and made gains all around. Here's the breakdown:

  • Tuesday: 40 minutes (~4 miles) with slow warm-up and 7 surges
  • Wednesday: 1:15 (about 8.5 miles) with 25 minutes of tempo
  • Thursday: 40 minutes (~4 miles), recovery
  • Saturday: 40 minutes (~4 miles) with slow warm up and 5 surges
  • Sunday: Shooting for 2 hours, mellow (I'll let you know how that goes)
I also worked with Janet this week and feel like we added some stride elements that are really going to improve things for me. Working really hard on initiating my stride from my hips and that seems to be feeling pretty good. Also got new orthotics made by Russ at Podium and so far, they feel great.

I reacquainted myself with the "crawl space" (in quotes because only someone under the age of about 5 could actually crawl down there) underneath my house and found that the critters are working their magic once again. So I need to redo some insulation and heat tape. Whee. I did get my office phone line working again (critter sabotage), so that is nice. Going to experiment with the Wifi a bit to see if I can improve reception all around and plan on diving back under the abode this week to get things all patched up before winter, which is rapidly approaching.

Enjoy the cool weather and fall colors out there.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails