Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Monday, June 1, 2009

That's a wrap...

Let the dream die. ~ Captain Ed

Well, I think my shot at Leadville this year may be landing a bit short. Due to my ongoing abdominal problems, I have been instructed to reign it in, which most likely means I'll be on the sidelines in August when the shotgun blast sounds. Or musket. Or whatever the hell they use to start that thing.

So I am out this weekend as well. If anyone wants my Dirty 30 entry, just let me know. The plan is to really cut back the mileage and get consistent, pain-free running in at lower miles then start to work back up. C'est la vie.

I felt awesome today. No pain... did some surges... Janet said I was doing well so that was pretty cool. We'll just play the rest of the summer season by ear and see how I progress. I may get the green light for the Leadville Marathon on July 11th and am kinda secretly hoping to be able to pace someone in the 100. Keep that on the DL.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails