Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The big Four-Oh (years, not ski days)...

Calgary coffee shop with amusing restroom sign. Check out that third leg!

You say it's your birthday, well it's my birthday too, yeah.
~ The Beatles

Heading up to the Rock for a few birthday turns. Day 35. No new snow but it appears to be threatening. Yesterday, I hit the Basin with Pete and Edy but ended up skiing with the Jody posse (Jody, Eric/Pete, Paula and Robin) most of the day since Pete was showing Edy how to get her Pali on. And no tears! You go, Edy. In any event, the conditions were pretty crappy up there but it was still fun. The Spine was all buffed out but really firm and I was on my back-up skis, which have not been tuned for a VERY long time. So I rocked big Enduro-style flip-em-and-slip-em style turns and grinned. Dropped a couple of small rocks here and there too, which was fun.

Rach surprised me with a bag full of goodies this morning. Kids in the Hall, lots of books and no evil Thor bunnies to jump out and scare the crap out of me! How awesome is that? We are planning to either go to the movies later or just kick it at home depending upon how everyone is feeling. Will be a great day either way.

Remember, kids... you are only as old as you act. Which makes me really about 14.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails