Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Basin rules...

The East Wall has our back. Cort and Stu, day 21.

Squeeeeeeeeee!!! ~ 13 year old girl

Day twenty-one was a blast. Cort and I headed up to the Basin for some slopeside office action and we just kinda cruised for a few hours on really decent snow. I did one run down the Spine for good measure and it, and the Rock Garden, were just dreamy. Yes, I have turned into a 12 year old girl. Well... 13.


I have mixed feelings about this.

I also got my run on again yesterday and man it hurt. I think that I need some new psoas muscles. They are trashed. I sense a visit to Mark Plaatjes in my near future. In any event, I did spin laps on the mini-track at the gym for about 42 minutes. 5 miles. Not too shabby but it was pretty ugly. Contradiction? Yes. But I am the boss of this blog so put that in your pipe and smoke it*.

Anyway, the wind has finally calmed down a bit. I tried to shoot some video of the wackiness yesterday without much success but let me tell you, it was howlin'. Like um... some sort of moon-crazed animal. A marmot or some damned thing.

Okay, that is all for now. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

~stubert.

*[Ed. - Neither the author of this blog nor its affiliates condones the smoking of non-prescription adjectives, adverbs or other assorted modifiers. If you are starting a smoking-related exercise program, please consult your physician.]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails