Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Numero Uno...

Day one at the Basin with Pete.

I hunger.
~ Sinistar

Day one on the slopes with good company... Pete and I jammed up to the Basin for some first-chair turns and well, it is early season but it was SO good to get back on the sticks. Mine are in desperate need of a tune as the conditions were firm and thin but that beats the conditions in a cube somewhere.

My index toe on my left foot has been giving me fits since the marathon and it didn't really disappoint today. It felt better as the day progressed and we only skied for about an hour and a half as there was work to be done but it was an hour and a half well-spent.

On a completely different note, the election is a mere 6 days away and I am nervous, excited, hopeful, gassy, thrilled, twitchy, scared, happy and gassy. As you can tell, my emotions on this one are running the gamut. It has been a really, really long time since I have been honestly inspired by a candidate but Barack Obama has crossed that threshold for me. The right-wing has tried to make "hope" and "liberal" naughty words but you know what... it is time to take those back. I have voted and am queuing up to help in other ways over the course of the next 6 days to get this man elected and get down-ticket, progressive candidates elected, and turn a page in the history of this country. Even if I am simply delivering coffee to those standing in line on election day, I will be there and will be a part of history. What are you doing?

~stubert.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am wondering why my official ballot got caught in Mexican customs and arrived at my house just yesterday? Hmmmm. I'll be FedExing to the US today to make sure my vote gets counted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails