Really stupid...

If an idea is good, it's on the verge of being stupid. ~ Michel Gondry

I have always had this theory… get a group of people in a room, throw out a bunch of ideas and at the end of the night, look at your list to find the most idiotic and that's the one you should do.

This blog was spawned from one very stupid idea - run the Leadville 100. I gave that a shot in the summer of '07 - completed 73 miles - and survived. The blog lives on...

RunStuRun has moved to http://www.runsturun.com

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Busy bee...

No, that's a bear in a, in a bee costume. ~ Meg Swan

Yesterday: Run - Neighborhood jaunt, 1 hour 15 minutes
Today: Beer Festival
Tomorrow: Run - Nederland, 2 hours

Wow. It has been a long time since I last posted. Sorry for the lack of updates. I have simply been swamped.

As you might have guessed the new biz is going well. We have a steady stream of work and it appears that we will continue to be busy for the coming months. Can't really ask for more than that. We launched the Weekends Boulder site this week, the Quintess site last week and are teed up to launch Lion Equity and Colorado Garden & Home Show next week. Good stuff. I'll post more links when they are available.

Needless to say, I have been logging a ton of time in front of the computer which is not doing much for my fitness, to say the least. I went for a run yesterday, and like most of my recent outings, I couldn't settle into a nice pace without my heartrate being through the roof. I am not sure if this is a normal sort of response to pounding out 73 miles in a day two months ago (yup, it has been that long) or if it is just a result of too much ass-sitting. Either way, it doesn't really make me feel super awesome. I plan to try to train my way out of this if at all possible. I just have to get better at taking breaks for much-needed exercise.

Today, I went to Denver to attend the Great American Beer Festival with Rach's brother, Todd and his friend Jason. I got to sample a boat load of different beers which was entertaining. Both Todd and Jason home-brew so it was cool to listen to them talk about the different types of brews and how to make them. The most interesting beer I tried was a Vanilla Java Porter. Pretty yummy but not something you would probably want to consume on a regular basis. After awhile, pretty much everything started to taste the same to me but again, I am not really a connoisseur so who am I to judge? Rach came down afterwards and we went to the Watercourse. We haven't been there in awhile but it was as good as ever. Great veggie food if you are in Denver.

I took the bus down to the Festival so I drove to Ned and left my car there. My plan is to run to Ned tomorrow morning to pick it up but we'll see if the weather cooperates. It is snowing up here now so I plan to evaluate things in the morning. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Movie stuff:

I have managed to take in a few flicks over the past couple of weeks. Here are my super mini reviews:

  • The Machinist: Christian Bale pulls a reverse DeNiro. Extremely watchable.
  • Why We Fight: Reinforcement of the fact that we are basically just a bunch of jerks. If you are wanting that push over the cliff to move to Canada, watch this.
  • Idiocracy: Unwatchable. I believe I made it all of 15 minutes into this mess. Luke Wilson is the new Christopher Walken. Any role, any time.
  • I Am Trying to Break Your Heart: A Film About Wilco: Not really a Wilco fan but this was a decent documentary.
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Significantly more watchable than all its predecessors combined.
  • Knocked Up: My belief was not even remotely suspended. So glad I didn't pay to see this in theaters. Turned it off about 30 minutes in.
So there you have it.

~stubert.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails